Picking up the thread from public slack: https://greatexpectationstalk.slack.com/archives/CUUMYDJAX/p1586318535146400
Has anyone used GE to qualify spatial data, specifically from shapefiles or geodatabases? Perhaps you would have gone through a translation to a relational database using ogc2ogc, etc.?
Also interested in spatial columns in databases like Oracle or Postgresql.
- confirming data are in using a particular datum,
- data are in a particular projection,
- are of the right geometry type (point, line, multiline, polygon, multipolygon, polygon, for example),
- as above, within bounds (maybe even within a bounding polygon rather than just within a bounding box)
- able to read GIS formats like shapefiles, geodatabase, PostGIS tables (perhaps this is what we’d build around GE libraries? See I told you I didn’t know nothin’)